We are an association of water organizations that represent a diverse set of skills and professions. Our purpose is to influence the future of water.
WCW was founded in 1948 to promote the exchange of knowledge of water treatment, sewage treatment, distribution of water and collection of sewage for towns and cities in Western Canada. The foundation of our existence is as relevant today as it was back in 1948. Today WCW is a collaboration of seven Constituent Organizations representing more than 5,000 members who work in our industry.
Western Canada Water membership affiliation is automatic when you become a member of one of our Constituent Organizations.
Membership with any of the seven Constituent Organizations is excellent value for money and, like most things, the more you put into your membership the more you will get out of it. In addition to the many benefits you cannot put a price on, such as the opportunity to network with key decision makers and being part of the WCW community, there are many benefits that prove membership is value for money.
Other benefits of membership include:
- Attending our Conference, which is the premier meeting ground for like-minded professionals to discuss best practices, business trends, and industry challenges. The WCW community provides the benefit of the following annual conferences:
- Dozens of workshops, training courses and seminars held annually throughout Western Canada featuring the expertise of our operators, engineering educators, industry leaders, and business innovators;
- Discovering potential new partners and learning about new business opportunities;
- Profiling your organization through online membership directories and related websites;
- Having the opportunity to profile your people and projects for the many WCW awards;
- Contributing to the association’s internal committees and working groups; and
- Discounts at WCW/CO hosted events such as conferences, seminars and networking events.
- Linkage with the Canadian Water & Wastewater Association (CWWA) through WCW’s membership to CWWA.
We believe that working together makes us stronger. With better strength we can make a difference in our efforts to provide safe water and protect the environment.
Please refer to the chart below for a visual outline of the Constituent Organizations and committees associated with WCW.
For information on these organizations, their boards, committees and membership benefits, click on the appropriate logo below to link to their respective websites.